Thursday, November 3, 2011

Perfect Day For a Shower


She goes by many names...

Christina.
Mija.
Benner.

Once upon a time she went by...

Christina "the bomb" Benner
Tina B.

Or my personal favorite, Cujitina...

But soon, Christina Benner will be
Christina Rubalcaba.

She is getting married to the love of her life, Marc, and she has been with him longer than most marriages last today.

We celebrated their engagement with a Beach Theme Bridal Shower, since she's saying "I Do" in Cabo San Lucas
(yup, she's exchanging vows on the beach @ sunset!)

We're all so excited for this long awaited marriage :)

Here are some pictures of the party:


The Beautiful Bride
(as you can see... it really is a true statement! Not just sayin'...)


The pergola that my hubby and bro-in-law built days before...
another story for another time :)

I added some fun flowers and bridal drapes ($5 from IKEA!!)



Margaritas, Pomegranate Iced Tea, and Pink Lemonade



The Spread:

Chips, Salsa, Guacamole
Shrimp Cocktail
Jalapeno Ranch Salad with Shrimp
Fruit Skewers
Exotic Rice
Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
Hawaiian Rolls
Turkey Pinwheels



Christina's Grandma, Cousin, Mom, and Aunt



Real Starfish... they didn't smell all that great :I




The cake!
Nugget Market makes the BEST cakes! Who knew?
Plus... they taste AMAZING (bonus!... I know it's bad, but like most wedding cakes, I go for the look more than the taste. Not any more!)
The "sand" was crumbled graham crackers and they used real shells (no extra charge!)









Time to Shower the Bride with Gifts!




The Bride and Groom are already planning their next trip/honeymoon after their Destination Wedding...
Europe :)

Lots of gifts toward European splurges


Cutest guest!




Told you it was good!


And now, a little photo shoot with our armless, headless angel... better known as Nike (the Winged Victory)

 Christina with Ashley

Us :)


Dara, helpin' a sista out!


Mother of the Bride, Carmen


With Grandma, Mom, and Aunt


Soon to be Sister and Mama-in-law on the left


Jennifer


 Cousins


Fabulous Bouquet my mom made... so crafty!


My personal favorites... Ashley and Christina :)

PS - the wings are giving Ash some serious Princess Leia Hair


Co-Worker Girlfriends :)


It was a success! Christina was showered, food was enjoyed... as was the good company, we (or at least I) laughed to tears reading a few Mad Libs Wedding Edition, the weather was perfect, and at the end of the day... I had a house full of flowers! :)

So I know that's not a shower highlight, but it definitely is a perk to hosting post-shower!

These gorgeous roses, however, were from my Hubby!
I had to take pictures because they bloomed so beautifully for the shower.

I know how to pick 'em... and he knows how to pick 2 dozen roses out for his super appreciative Wifey!

It's fun to celebrate marriage when you're happily married!
God is good :)




Another bonus to hosting the shower... Ethan loved running through the drapes.
Over and over again.




To end with... here are a few pictures of Ethan having a good laugh playing,
"Wake Up Grandma!"

My mom and dad stayed after to shower me with love!
A few hours post party, I slipped away for a girls night with my "Wednesday Night Girls" as our hubbies were at a Men's Retreat.

Grandpa Credit:
With Mark being gone, on Friday - the day before the shower - my Dad drove half way/Elk Grove to meet me for dinner (as soon as he got off work) to take Ethan back to his house for a Grandpa-Grandson sleep-over. Hear me when I say this...
my Dad was my Hero!

In the mean time, my mom was driving back from a week long conference in Southern California (retired? we're still not sure!) and drove all the way through to our house arriving between 10-11pm to help me get ready for the shower.

Mom and Dad, I love you more than words.

And so does your Ethan Boy :)










No comments:

Post a Comment