Friday, May 25, 2012

Burlap Monogram Wreath


Well... I got crafty again during nap time!

I would like to introduce you all to our latest decoration that is currently gracing the front door...

Our Burlap Monogram Wreath




I can't take credit for the master design behind it all.
Truth is, I got the basics done during a mom's group where Krafty Karyss (like the sound of that!) teaches us fun, cheap, and super cute crafts... all for about $5 per class (all inclusive).

As soon as we get a name for the group - which all are welcome to join! - I'll have to share that too... but for now, let's just say it's Karyss' Kraft Klass (wait... that would make a horrible acronym!)

Ummm... yeah.
Name to be announced soon 
(but seriously, we're working on naming the group... any ideas?)

During the class I wrapped a stickily looking wreath in burlap. Then cut strips of burlap, fanned and glued them onto the wreath base using hot glue (ouch! It's a holey project for sure ;)).
After that I only had time to make one burlap rose and the lacey flower.

Once I got home (and it was nap time), I created the sage and pottery barn roses.
*These were ribbons used to wrap gifts at my bridal shower! I love how sentimental this wreath is!*

The pink flower was made during another Karyss class and just clipped that one on too.

The Y was purchased at Joanns.

Done and done!


No comments:

Post a Comment