Sunday, January 12, 2014

August Surprise *weepy* Baby Shower!

Do you ever get weepy?

I am having a seriously weepy week! 

It's a bit ridiculous, really.

Ethan and I youtubed Disney's Frozen to watch a few of his favorite scenes/songs.

Cried.

During our small group, we prayed for one another… dry for that… JJ closed the prayer thanking God for our group…

I Cried.

I log onto my blog to post the missing pictures from August Surprise! about Grace's surprise baby shower.

You guessed it….
I Cried.

I've cried randomly so much this week that Mark just looks at me and smiles… knowing what's coming before the first tear squeezes out.

And that, oddly enough!, makes me want to cry!

?????

Anyway, here are pictures of the surprise baby shower my beautiful and loving friends secretly organized, crafted, and plotted together.

Nothing but love in this picture:


I didn't leave out a single photo!
I couldn't possibly forget a single snapshot!


Girly Favors <3


Miss Mindy is quite talented with a sewing machine and making banners.
This burlap and lace GRACIE banner is now in her nursery :)


Headband making station.
Genius!
And, so fitting… it is a rare occasion when Grace is without a bow on her head :)





Something really beautiful about the decor - aside from the shabby chic, burlap & lace! - was all the newborn/family pictures we had taken right when we got Grace.

It really added a personal and *weepy* touch to the shower.

That and the scriptures that really pressed on my heart throughout our adoption journey were typed and framed around the house too.

Our small group "coincidentally" studied the book of Ephesians when we got Grace.
So… there were moles to this operation ;)

I was doomed for kleenex.










Now for the surprise! 

I was told that this was a "Girls Night In".


{My View}


{Their View}


I was super confused at first.
Running off of little sleep… this was a common. 

When it finally clicked… I think that's when the picture was taken above.
"Ooooooh!"

Wondering if Mark knew what was going on… he had already sped off with Ethan in the Truck.


"Was HE in on THIS TOO?" asking as I arrived to the "Girls Night In"
Basket of wine and goodies in one hand...
Baby girl in the other…



Let's eat! And drink sangrias ;)
A benefit to not nursing!




Pass the baby!


She had no idea… this was all because of her.


Some pictures just melt my heart! This is one...


… and this makes me smile! Big :D


Preggo/Nursing drink… punch ;)


Babies!




Showered!



That awkward, talking snapshot…






Thank you, girls. You enrich my life more than you know.
You shine brightly in my treasure box as each one of you holds a piece of my heart!
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Matthew 6:21



This man… my greatest treasure.
And with him, my littlest and most precious treasures of all!



Ok, I admit to tearing up as I type this.
This woman.

My heart has been through such depths with her throughout the last 4 years+.
Crises after crises… and also, joy shared between our two families.
I can't even fathom my life in Folsom/EDH without her.

She is as beautiful, kind, gentle, and wonderful as she seems.
She is one of the very best mothers I know.
Her heart is so pure and loving.
Her husband is a very lucky man, indeed!
And so are her 3 precious babies!

Our families are the only 2 surviving "couples" in our small group.
The OG if you will ;)
There is nothing I wouldn't do for her and her family.
Big. Big! jewel in my treasure chest of blessings ;)

She also is a jewel of a photographer {See her Blog here!} and took the pictures scattered around the house. 
She's gifted!
And her gift? 
Made me cry… 

A canvas picture of me holding Grace with the word "Chosen" followed by Ephesians 1:4-6 highlighting the words He chose uslove, adopted, grace, freely given.

It was so beautiful, so professional, I didn't realize it was Grace and me!
I truly thought it was a canvas print with scripture she got at the Family Christian Bookstore, or wherever… something you could find under "Great Gifts for the Adoptive Parent".

When I realized that it was us… that's when the tears flowed. 
Because as beautiful and professional as it was, it was so personalized
SO perfect.

That woman.

The picture is in Grace's nursery and we used it as a focal point during her Meet & Greet/Sip & See BBQ. We reused lots of the shower decor, actually ;)


I never used to be this weepy.

In fact, old friends will tell of a different Allie. 
One whose cheeks were always dry.

I'm not sure if I cracked (from the dryness that is!) or if life just weathered me to change seasons, but in general, my eyes are leaky.

Since becoming water works… life is fuller and… better!

Contrary to what I thought in my younger years, vulnerability is strength.
Strength to be who you want to be… and genuinely be it!

Brene Brown says in her book Daring Grately,

"Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren't always comfortable, but they're never weakness."

I know it's not always appropriate to cry… but I just don't care.

You see, I want to have genuine relationships with people and allow them to know me.
If I cry… it means something genuine is happening at that moment.

It's me being vulnerable. 
It's me making a connection and being fully human.

At the risk of sounding vain… It's me being beautiful.
{Unless I ugly cry. Then that's just me… ugly crying ;)}

I'm not sure, but I think this is why Mark smiles at me before I cry. 
Knowing what is about to happen.
He's smiling at my heart… being beautiful… and being brave enough to expose it.
In all it's weepy glory.

"Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want great clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path." - Brene Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment