Thursday, July 5, 2012

Father's Day 2012



 Father's Day was hot this year!

We had originally planned to meet Mark's family at Folsom Lake for a BBQ and swim, but the lake was outrageously busy!

Plan B was to check out Bass Lake by our place in El Dorado Hills.

Come to find it's more like Bass Pond than Bass Lake (so deceiving!).

Plan C... BBQ at our place.

We grilled up some hot dogs and burgers and splashed around in the kiddie pool.
And even though I didn't get into the kiddie pool, I was too hot not to wear my bathing suit...
and so was everyone else!

Here are some pictures of the day.

Ethan's Daddy is the best. I know everyone says that about their husband, but I truly couldn't ask for more. Mark is an exceptional Daddy and I feel blessed beyond measure that he is my partner in raising our kid/kids. He values that which is honorable and his priorities are God and his family. Everything else he does is to work toward his priorities and for his priorities.
Because of his love for God, he is selfless and the fruit is easy to see.

God has done an amazing work in my husband and I am SO grateful that.
The husband and father we have is an answered prayer :)
{Been praying for a man like him since middle school!}

So while the lake would have been lots of fun, it was care free moving the party to our place because of the fenced in yard. The kids could play and they were always in our field of view.

The Dads were happy to grill, hang out, and relax.
The kids had a blast playing together.
Father's Day was a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment